pic: 1506 Makes the News!

The text is as follows:

Metal Muscle Team No. 1506, composed of North Oakland and Macomb high school students, received the Rookie All-Star Award at the 2005 FIRST Competition (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). The Detroit regional featured 33 FIRST teams competing. Shown are team members…

(pm me if you want the full list, I don’t feel like typing out everyone’s names…)

This was in today’s Oakland Press. Great job 1506!

Edit: Ok, fine, I didn’t need to type the full text, I didn’t know how good of quality I’d have…

Sweet. Thanks for posting this Beth, I don’t get the Oakland Press anymore here in Flinttown. Here’s a nicer version of the picture. Well, it’s not nice. Defineatelly not a good picture of me, though I don’t have many.

http://grovelandfire.org/metalmuscle/images/det/Team_and_robot1.jpg

-Alex

its a shame it doesn’t mention more of FIRST but thats major coolness :cool:

Well it was more of just a side picture with a caption than a full article, but I thought they got the jist of it

yeah its really nice. i think it would be cool if we could get the media to cover FIRST

Always awesome to see FIRST teams in media, especially local medias because it lets the community know that this sort of thing exists now and near them. We were mentioned once and featured once in our local paper.

magnasmific
Well, it’s not nice. Defineatelly not a good picture of me, though I don’t have many.

Heh, know how you feel, I’ve been in two team pics in the paper so far, both dont look that great, they didn’t get my good side :smiley: .