pic: 166 CIM Support Bracket on 56mm transmissions

A support bracket that mounts to the 56mm banebots transmissions and supports the CIM motor. The screws that mount the CIM motor to the Banebots transmissions aren’t quite good enough to hold the weight of the CIMs so we came up with an idea to help hold the CIM where it is.

The 3 holes in the middle are there to reduce weight. It is made out of 1/4 aluminum. There is a groove cut into the underside of it to fit with the motor. The bracket mounts to the transmissions and the thinner tab is held over the motor. A hose clamp clamps the motor to the tab.

This is a marketable product. I’d buy two of those, if you sold them cheap enough.

Thats how we are supporting our CIMs. Don’t you just love hose clamps:yikes:

Now thats pretty slick. It would be nice to have something like that in the KOP. We are using the two-motor adapter, so we’d have to modify something like that. we just put two blocks of alumninum under the mounting plate that came in the KOP and plan to connect the two transmissions together with L brackets on top.

We are doing something similar just not as pretty.

I’ll see about getting drawings to anyone who wants them.

It doesn’t take much effort to do this. You really only need a drill press and a bandsaw to do this. We did it with a CNC merely because we have the capability.

I’m not exactly sure how you’d do the slot without a CNC, though.