pic: 1712 defends against 103

Here’s a match where we were going against the Cybersonics. They have an amazing robot, but I think Dawgma 1 may have taken a bit of a bite out of their side graphics…

Ira, Ira, Ira…i wouldn’t really say a bite, it was more of a full blown chomp into the delicious metal body.

Shhh… Don’t mention our super secret stealth mode: we let the opponents strip off our side graphics so that no one can see us, then have our way with the center goal.

If you zoom in you can see the “Design inspired by: 103” side panel on 1712. For championship, you should change it to “Design incorporates shattered side panel shards from: 103” :smiley:

This was one of the matches the 1712 robot was able to perform a tough defensive task. I should note that the 103 alliance still won the match and 103 mentors were a huge help to 1712 in the pits all weekend long, along with 341 and many others. In true FIRST fashion, without the help of 103, 1712 may not have had the opportunity to trade paint (in a gracious way, of course) with them.

…but yes it was kind of fun to see, especially for 1712’s drive coach and college mentor Mike Williams, who was a human player and robot driver for 103 from 2002 through 2004.

I actually remember that match, good show