pic: 177 The Robot

The 177 Cad Team put in over 100 hrs a each to learn and create this full robot assembly in Inventor.

Thanks Guys

If theres any question about the 177 Caded robot, unfortunately i wont be able to answer them till sat night(competing in Philly). Im wishing for internet at the sheraton hotel.

Thanks

Looks nice!

I can tell that you guys spent a LOT of time on that CAD modeling. Good work!

Love the lighting effect from cad! How long did it take you guys to put this all together in cad?

For our five man CAD team, between learning inventor, designing, and drawing the robot, it took about 100 hours.

WOW!!! i know this is off topic from your CAD model but… does anyone know if some one has CADed out the '06 field? i looked on the FIRST website for it but couldn’t find it! I can CAD a little but when i tried it didn’t look right. All that i am looking for is like individual goal “sides” a side being the center goal, (2) corner goals, and the ramp.

I don’t know where you can get the CAD models, but the FIRST website gives all the specs. I usually just make really rough extrusions of the field elements and use these. If your a stickler for accuracy you can download all the field pieces from http://www.firstcadlibrary.com/, only problem is… well… there not assembled…

As for the robot. Very cool. however I don’t understand the conveyor thingy on the front. Looks too high to pick up balls, so does it shoot 1pt? All the same, nice work…

Team 103 has it and is willing to share: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45670&highlight=field+inventor

It does both. It’s on a slider so it can lower down and pick up balls, then we can withdraw it and push them out.

1 word… beautiful… I’m jealous, I wish I had a 5 man CAD team. We have a 2 man (erhm, 2 woman) CAD team. I just love seeing other teams CADs, y’all did an amazing job on it. Keep up the great work.

Hahaaa. and from my 2 man CAD team it took like 250. but nevertheless, it still looks like your takes the cake by far. Nice work, id like to see how next years comes out.