- This is our practice bot. The production bot is being powder coated tomorrow morning
- The router won’t stay there (ha)
- c.g. is waaaay off since the upper mechanisms aren’t there to balance it out
- This is the perfect year to try WCD. 4WD is pretty awesome; ~55A during turns (our lowest ever) since the wheels are so far out. Putting the vertical towers on the outside really helped us free up the middle for disc launching.
- Drive train is 24lbs. ~10.3ft/s post-losses, direct-driven.
- Total bot will be around 90lbs. We expect to have to ballast it.
- Frame is welded like that since we thought we may drive up the corner of the pyramid (wanted a smooth transition as the bot tilted. We scrapped that idea at the end of Week 1, yet the drive train was already designed & mostly fab’ed.
- Programmers got ‘drive straight’ working tonight.
- There seems to be a sensitivity issue with the Attack 3 joysticks. Have to get new ones since the ones we tested on are 4 years old.