pic: 1885 Sneak Peek

[left]We are proud to present our 2016 submission for FIRST Stronghold. 1885 will compete at CHS - Greater DC (Week 2), CHS - Hampton Roads (Week 3), and hopefully Chesapeake DCMP’s in Week 6.

[list][]8.5" Pneumatic Tires, WCD setup
[
]5.5 ft/s low, 11.5 ft/s high (measured). Easily adjustable between events.
[]Can tackle every defense in the game except one. Yet if we have a couple of spare pounds, we have a trick up our sleeves.
[
]Can consistently shoot high goal from outer works positions 1,3-5, but that doesn’t mean we should or will.
[]It’s our first turret… :smiley:
[
]Will not scale for the foreseeable future. There is something else we feel compelled to do that is worth more than 10 points to the right alliance, therefore we won’t have the weight/space to scale. It’s a niche, and it’s a risk. 'nuff said.[/list]

Good luck to all teams this season!
[/left]

Love the turret design. Can’t wait to see some video.

Will not scale for the foreseeable future. There is something else we feel compelled to do that is worth more than 10 points to the right alliance, therefore we won’t have the weight/space to scale. It’s a niche, and it’s a risk. 'nuff said.

I wholeheartedly agree, scaling is very risky.
At the district competition we just attended I believe the scaling success rate was around 2%, which is ridiculous.

For a +15 benefit, there’s an awful lot of work, I just believe there are more effective ways to earn points.

Nice robot!