pic: 2007 Game Hint?

i understand the part about the water but what is that banana doing there :stuck_out_tongue:

You gotta be kidding me… it’s been only 2 days since the 2006 game clue has been posted and now 2007 game clue with a picture? I am assuming that Dave loves this time of the year when he gets to mess around with our head.

I figured that we may as well get this out of the way now. Everyone has been clamoring for so long for a water-based game (I am still trying for the jello-based game, but that is another discussion for another time…), that we had to just give in and give the teams what they were demanding. However, everyone involved with the game design process realized that the infrastructure modifications that would be needed were fairly substantial, and probably not the sort of thing that could be done on short notice. Therefore, we have modified our system to release this hint a full year in advance so that both teams and competition facilities can begin to consider how to contend with this twist on the game concept. So now you have something to do other than burning out all those brain cells trying to decipher the 2006 Official Game Hint!

-dave

p.s. you will find out what the banana is for in April.

Can we get a date on that, Dave? We could probably get Brandon to put it on the countdowns. :slight_smile:

By the way, why does the short blue robot always get picked on? It got a 2X ball to the head in FIRST Frenzy’s animation (not to mention the jumping up and down trying to hang), whacked in the head by a big hand as it tried to climb the ramp in Stack Attack, was jerked around by its human player in Triple Play (and was the only one lacking an arm), and now this!

You did not just go there, Dave.
You know how these kids are about thier liquid obsession.
Now were gonna have to hear about it for a whole year! :rolleyes:

One fish
Two fish
Red fish
Blue fish

Wo wo, is this serious, or is dave screwin with us again. Is next years game reallllly gonna be underwater!?

Well, duh, (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=419838&postcount=239) mean when was the last time Dave had fun screwing with our heads?

[quote=“iCurtis”]
Well, duh, *(http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=419838&postcount=239) mean when was the last time with Dave had fun screwing our heads?

Hahaha, good call.[/quote]

NO

I foresee a lot of water destroyed robots. Maybe it’s just my pessimistic self talking, but I just have a hunch.

Dave wouldn’t need to create an actual water field to get that effect he’s looking for.

Having flexible refective surfaces, similar to fun house mirrors, intergrated into the field and/or field objects would give the same effect of the distorted lines from the light waves underwater.

We know he likes to screw with our heads and doing the reflective surface idea I mentioned above would be a great way to screw with the robots during the autonomuos period, especially the CMU cam, and make the game more interesting. I wouldn’t put it out of his league on doing it sometime in the future also.

My [fervent hope] guess is that it will be April Fools.

–Petey

[quote=“iCurtis”]
Well, duh, *(http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showpost.php?p=419838&postcount=239) mean when was the last time Dave had fun screwing with our heads?

I’m impressed and incredibly amused that you found so many of Dave’s evildoings, though granted, they aren’t that hard to search out.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is an intro for a game animation where it look like a water game, but then the water drains off and the real game is revealed. I really do not think fish will be in the same arena as our robots.

Along the same vein, what is Dave’s recent obsession with Clown Fish about? And what did he do with its eye? Hmmm… very disturbing.

I think the banana’s just there for a joke. Remember how Dave’s game animations always have a splash screen at the end about “Havabanana Productions” (or something to that effect)?

am I the only one who originally thought that was a pipe fish, not a banana?

and that’s either on REALLY messed up clown fish, or it’s an angler

EDIT: why do we have to wait until Nat’s to find out what the banana’s for?

April 1st, right?