pic: 217 Robot ISO view

Well,

Here she is in all her glory. We have 2 arms that manipulate the big balls. One is specifically designed to deal with the ball on the moveable goal and the other for the ball on the ground. Our winch is a power take-off from the drive train and uses the big arm to attach the hook. The big arm is a 3 axis robot arm with a turret, shoulder and linear extension.

gee golly whiz paul, that sure is a nifty lookin robot you got there.
what can it do?

Please search before you post, I know that you are excited to ask questions and that’s a great thing. :wink: :wink:

Just kidding, Ty. Well, kind of. :stuck_out_tongue:

See this thread: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26163

Dude, look at what team he’s from. He was joking. I know you are exited to ask questions, and that’s a great thing, but… :wink: :smiley:

Whoa… not just one arm, but two. This looks like another great robot from 217. My brain is hurting by trying to figure out all of the possibilities to what this robot can do. Corral balls - yep. Hold 2 - 2x balls, yep. Hang, yep. Grab a goal - yep. Get on the platform - probably.

As far as robot arms on FIRST robots, this one here is a strong candidate for the best. I can’t wait to see this good looking bot in action.

Andy B.

wow wowow wowwww!!! two arms… looks great!!! cant wait to see what it looks like with all of the patented thunder chicken graphics on it.

do ya have any close-up pics of the drive train?

good job 217!

Will,

I just posted 2 separate pictures showing our drivetrain. The first is the transmission and the second shows the wheels. We do not shift this year (do not think it is necessary), but we use the gearbox for a power take-off for the winch.

-Paul

Paul,
Care to share what speed you geared at?

I guess… 9-11 fps, somewhere in that range?

John

John,

We are geared for 8.8 ft/sec theoretical. With my calculated losses, we are at 8.3 ft/sec.

-Paul