This gearbox is for the right side of our robot. It uses 1 chip motor for power. We know that these trannies are very heavy and could be made much less complicated.
(this is our first year ever building a tranny…)
In previous years we simply used the drill motors and gearboxes. We eventually got really good at that! However we got sick of using the servos to shift between high and low gears. This was a pain because we had to stop then shift and go again. Programming was also a pain because we had to tell the servos how much to move. One little adjustment would require reprogramming the whole system or centering everything back up which doesn’t always work.
This year we decided to step up our abilities and make something more sophisticated. Hence this transmission.
Feel free to contact me by Private Message: team222badbrad, AIM: bsrtunkpa, or in a thread.