pic: 25's Arm

Well after a couple beatings, the arm finally decided to break. One of the loops had broken at Parc, and after 2 more full competitions, the arm could no longer support the weight and stress. In the third match of the semifinals, with seven seconds left, we pick up a tetra off the autoloader and turn to go to the center goal, but as soon as it starts to lift, the finger starts to drop. We dont know whats going on, until we see that the arm has bent and actually broken off on three sides. It was succesfully transported home without breaking off, but well have to do some serious work to fix it.

that had quite a beating before it fianly went. mabye if cory would try not to kill anything while hw was driving

You know if it will be fixed in time for the Capital Clash?

Wetzel

Yeah, we already have a few ideas down and we should have a good portion of time to work on it. So most likely, it will be fixed and ready to go.

just two words about that arm-

awww maaannn!!!

WC :cool:

That stinks man, our arm broke at iri too. The weld broke off the gear, thanks to Team 494 and Team 16 we where able to get it fixed. Good luck.

I remember that match - Corey was yelling at me for putting the finger down and I was all confused because I did not. Then he turns the robot and we see the whole pieces has bent down. But overall - IRI ROCKED!!!

nice arm otherwise. also at VCU a robot next to us in the pit had their arm completely ripped off. i dont know how it happened but they were draging the arm behind it but yet i think they were back in after only skipping one match! i was really impressed.

Ouch… :ahh: :ahh: How did that happen exactly Cookie? You guys really took a beating!

it is quite fixable- just framing material

we have an idea to remount the head and make it more resilient

for later this week…

WC
:cool:

Well after a couple beatings, the arm finally decided to break. One of the loops had broken at Parc, and after 2 more full competitions, the arm could no longer support the weight and stress. In the third match of the semifinals, with seven seconds left, we pick up a tetra off the autoloader and turn to go to the center goal, but as soon as it starts to lift, the finger starts to drop. We dont know whats going on, until we see that the arm has bent and actually broken off on three sides. It was succesfully transported home without breaking off, but well have to do some serious work to fix it.

Ah yes, I remember that arm well (and the whole bot for that matter), sorry to see it broken. Hopefully it isn’t too serious, it had a few unique design elements I really liked.

Is that large gear mating with the stock gear on the ND window motor? If so, what are the specs and where did you get it? Thanks.

Well today we snapped off the finger, took out the uppermost portion of the mast and started to do minor repairs. We straightened out the upper portion but we are now still deciding how we want to go about fixing it. We have a few simple ideas, but we want to make sure they will be able to hold up.

best of luck.