pic: 2630 Maximus - Preparing

our 2008 robot preparing to launch!
see you at the Dome!

that was probably the coolest bot in our regional. Great work u guys.

Is that the first or the second one?

That thing does look really cool. How many hurdles do u get in a good match? Very nice:)

i’m sorry this is off topic but

Strongbad!

love your avatar

I just have a few of questions.

How many hurdles can you guys do in one match?

How fast is that arm?

How exactly do you get the ball to rest on that platform?

Isn’t the robot top heavy thus, causes tipping?

You already have the ball above six feet, is your launcher just a simple thing to get the ball to move forward, or does ur launcher propel the ball even higher at an angle?

This Pic might help with understanding how we get the balls so high up.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/31096?

How many hurdles can you guys do in one match?

I’m guessing five would be the practical limit we would acheive. I think that in our best match we did 3 so far.

How fast is that arm?

The main arm is not really fast but it doesn’t need to be, it only moves about 60 degrees from holding to shooting position.

How exactly do you get the ball to rest on that platform?

The platform is on a wrist. (see the picture link at the top)

Isn’t the robot top heavy thus, causes tipping?

Yes and no. Yes it is top heavy but we only raise the arm when preparing to hurdle or place on the overpass so we have never tipped.

You already have the ball above six feet, is your launcher just a simple thing to get the ball to move forward, or does ur launcher propel the ball even higher at an angle?

We do not raise the arm that high in a match, we get it to about 5 feet and launch the ball over the overpass, the arm manipulator can then lower the arm quickly enough so that the driver barely needs to slow down.

that was probably the coolest bot in our regional. Great work u guys.

Thanks!

Is that the first or the second one?

That’s the second, real, robot (the one we shipped). you can tell between them by the speed holes in the gripper circle.

love your avatar

Thanks! :slight_smile:

cool…definitly with 118