pic: 269 and 45 in finals

This was the second to last match played in the Midwest Regional. 269 was already hanging, and Team 45 was on the verge of capping that filled stationary goal. I believe this was the 210pt match…

These finals kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I they they may have been some of the most exciting this year.

(p.s. - I love that whomever took this picture got such a nice shot of David Kelly on the big screen… :wink: )

My dad, not knowing anybody on any of these teams, took this picture, so it was pure luck that he got that screen shot.
I’ll tell you, these finals kept us on our toes the whole time…

Its interesting how neatly those balls are lodged into 45’s stationary goal. The planets definitely aligned during this match.

I was suprised that they only counted 16 balls in that match. If you look at the picture, the 4 balls in our drive base were delivered to Devin (our shooter), who made all of them (as he usually does). There were already 16 in the goal (4 columns of 4), and then one or two spilled out as we capped the goal. I estimated that we had 18-19 in there instead of 16… but maybe I am a bit too optimistic, oh well.

Andy B.

You have to love the “Fun-noodle” bumpers :smiley:

Actually, I’m wondering if we delivered those remaining balls, or just capped it before delivering, due to time.
I’m waiting for the videos to come out so we can relax while watching those matches!

Its interesting how neatly those balls are lodged into 45’s stationary goal. The planets definitely aligned during this match.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the picture. Did the human player practice throwing them so they ended up like that? Cause that would be a VERY impressive skill if it could be doen every time.

I was standing behind our human player outside the railing and i was just shocked…he was nailing every shot he took. Same form…bam bam bam!! ball after ball after ball went in and then our robot comes to feed him more balls and he’s nailing shots over the robot with the 2x ball in it! That boy deserves mad props for his performance all weekend.

CAP! CAP! CAP!