pic: 30 Seconds Into The Game: Team 293

This is a sight to behold, after grabbing a big ball we can cap while hanging 10 feet in the air, it does not matter where we are on the bar, our nifty positioner moves us wherever we need to be. A lot of robots can cap the goal… BUT Only TEAM 293 can CAP while HANGING!

awesome…can’t wait to see a video of it or in person…

can that hit off or pic up that 2x ball while hanging like that?

as stated in the caption on the picture:

This is a sight to behold, after grabbing a big ball we can cap while hanging 10 feet in the air, it does not matter where we are on the bar, our nifty positioner moves us wherever we need to be. A lot of robots can cap the goal… BUT Only TEAM 293 can CAP while HANGING!

Very nice guys and girls. But I’m sure there will be more robots than just your self that can cap and uncap while hanging. Its definitally a huge advantage to be able to. The real question is, how well can you cap or uncap a goal while hanging, and defending against an oncoming robot?

Our robot is able to uncap while hanging but we dont know if we will be able to cap. it is a little tricky 10 feet in the air

Our plans for the big ball vary, it all depends on who we are facing, the ball can be used in both an offensive and defensive way. Our current strat has us scoring 110 points without even pushing a single ball to the players.(players start with 3 balls each so those go into goal) Thats without any alliance partner help, so if your our partner we will be a great help to your score.

The balls are 5pts each

2(3*5)+50=80 not 110. :ahh: Were you counting the aliance partner’s balls? :confused:

Well if they have a really good shooter, they could just ask thier alliance partner to pass over thier balls and let thier shooter shoot it. From reading the rules this would be legal. Seems like tho you guys could dominate if your allied with an effective ball gatherer.

Can’t wait to see you guys in action at the chesapeake regionals.

Yes we were assuming our alliance partner can at least shoot 3 balls, or pass them to our human player, still its a lot of points for doing barely anything.

When brainstorming during those boring days before building, the idea of a monkey-like hanging ball guarding robot was introduced but never really pursued, I’m not sure why though. Great job.

But can you hang (and cap) during the autonomous period?

30 seconds might be a little optomistic but we can definetly have the ball within autonmous. then all we have to do is drive up to the bar and pull our selves up. if someone beats us there we can also cap while not hanging.

The kid in the yellow shirt looks kind of nervous. :wink:

Very cool design guys!! I can’t wait to see it in action!

Actualy he built our boat hook whinch, which lets us ascend the bar. We were just very tired in that picture, it was a late couple of nights to get everything done. The guys you see there are our midnight work crew(I’m a member) which often worked till 4 AM during the last week.

I will post a picture of the complete robot later with skin, and team standing together, this picture will be from 12:04 on the day of the ship date.

Actually team 343 (Metal-In-Motion) can cap while hanging also, and they’re pretty good at it, I saw them do it when they let us come over and use their practice field with them. Nevertheless this is an excellent looking robot, good job.

I can vouch for this because Im the operator for MIM #343 and we did it.