pic: 6W WCD

Just a simple drivetrain I designed as an off-season project. The drive was designed with the game of 2009 in mind, and my goal was to make as much space as possible in the middle of the frame.

Specs:
6WD with 4" Andymark Performence Wheels.
Back wheel is direct driven by VexPro Ball Shifter.
#25 chain transmission inside the channels.
Frame is designed for welding.

Looks good, but you’re forgetting these bad boys :smiley:

What’s the white thing that sits in the wheel where the bearing should? Is that a special type of brushing?

(EDIT: To clarify, I’m looking at the Lunacy wheels picture, not the CAD)

Maybe I’m missing something that goes on here, but without another cross member farther forward that frame would get completely destroyed the first time it took a good hit from another robot.

I’m guessing the theoretical collecter/hopper would act as a cross-brace.

Looks good, but you’re forgetting these bad boys

I am aware of it. In fact, this specific design is kinda worthless in any previous game. Its also made in the sizes of 2013 rather than those of 2009…

I’m guessing the theoretical collecter/hopper would act as a cross-brace.

That’s right. I’ve decide not to plan any cross without the upper mechanism in mind.

If this is your goal, it worth noting that you “waste” almost an inch on each side of the drive train by placing an inch of empty space between the outer surface of the wheel and the outer edge of the frame perimeter (as defined by the bumper mounts your modeled).

My advice would be investigate the possibility of slimming those bumper mounts, widening the frame, and see how much “intake area” you can gain. Now, with 2009 rules in mind, there was a minimum bumper length anyways, but I just thought I would highlight the opportunity to “optimize” your frame layout.

And ditto on getting a front cross-member in there. Or at least something near the front.

Looks great though, hope this practice serves you well in 6 days!

-Mike