pic: 945 In Action at UCF

Here is 945 ready to shoot into the center goal in atonomus at UCF

I am guessing that it is tank tracks again?

as far as i know, yup, (1402 & 945 are sort of sister teams,)

have ya guys made similar robots?

nope, i think i might have a pic of our robot, let me dig through my 100GB of stuff, (movies etc.) to find it

o and anouther thing, is there a program that i can use to turn a frame from a video into a jpeg image.

If you run the video through a certain program like PowerDVD it has a capture function or if you get something like the Quick ScreenShot Maker and run it through WMP and take a screen and crop and save. I understand where you are coming from I had this same problem.

why make it complicated, just hit Shift+PrtScr (above Sys Req). This takes a screenshot and puts it in the copy buffer. Then, just paste it into something (i.e. Paint, Gimp, Photoshop,…) crop what you want and save it.

I’d just put the video in Windows Media Player or something and pause it where you want the screenshot of, then just do what I said above.

-Q

Odds are that that will not work. Many media players (WMP included) send the video directly to the video card in a way that is different from just rendering an image on the screen, and when you take a screenshot, you will end up with a picture of WMP with a black box where the video should be. However, if you turn video acceleration off, you should be able to take a screenshot. More information is available here.

I don’t see the PrtScr button on my keyboard, exactly where is it.

I’m a big fan of Media Player Classic, which is an open source media player styled after Windows Media Player 6.4 (before WMP became the bloated piece of software it is today). MPC is free, and you can download it from many places, such as http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/guliverkli/mpc2kxp6490.zip?download

In media player classic, just pause the video at the appropriate location, go to the file menu, and select “Save Image…”

If you do Alt+PrtScrn, it will only copy the active window, so you have to do less cropping.

Actually, a much better solution is to switch from overlay video to the so-called “high quality mode”, which uses directvideo instead of overlays. This has the advantage of still using your graphics card instead of your CPU to decode and display the video.

To do this, in Windows Media Player, Go to Tools, Options…, Performance, Advanced…, and under the Video Acceleration section click in the “Use high quality mode” checkbox.

It depends on the keyboard, but it is usually labled “Print Screen/SysRq” and is located near the upper right, next to the “Scroll Lock” and “Pause/Break”.