We finally got them on for our last match on friday. Unfortunately, our autonomous mode deployed the ramps for us this match and forced us to stay in our home zone… (the one thing we forgot to check before running them in competition) I guess default IFI code sends 127 to all pwm outputs during auto. The servo holding the ramp cable moved accordingly, and out popped one of the ramps.
We fixed that problem friday evening and had working ramps for the rest of qualifying and all through finals. They were a much needed addition to our robot, and it’s doubtful that we would have gotten as far as we did without them. Ramps are way more important than we initially imagined. Lesson learned.