pic: ALMOST cap in autonomous

e897ec842250f85aba97ddef6c795d24_l.jpg

Team 624 came THIS close to making history. Completely in autonomous mode 624 used their camera to find the vision tetra and stick it on top of the center goal. The tetra went on top, but didn't fall correctly like they have a tendency to do. 624 immidiately fixed the vision once human play started. Has any team come this close yet? And the real question… Is this Tikki worthy?

Team 624 came THIS close to making history. Completely in autonomous mode 624 used their camera to find the vision tetra and stick it on top of the center goal. The tetra went on top, but didn’t fall correctly like they have a tendency to do. 624 immidiately fixed the vision once human play started. Has any team come this close yet? And the real question… Is this Tikki worthy?

Sorry to break it to you, but 66 the Flyers already capped in autonomous at Great Lakes

Not the center goal… :wink:

Are you sure? Get a Flyer in here, I need some confirmation! lol

sigh Nope. We got as close as 624 in their case, but instead of being capped but not completely, we raised it up and scraped the side of the goal or just hovered overhead. Still, BOTH of these cases make me and my team sweat. :smiley:

Just remember, there is still nationals, and that’s where it REALLY will show, so stay tuned, and have the tikki handy. :wink:

we almost had it @ palmetto…so close…it was a brief moment in history :slight_smile:

I was amazed when I saw 624 almost cap the center goal. They came close a couple of times. I didn’t think any teams at Lone Star would have been going after the vision tetra. I can’t wait to see whats going to happen at Nationals.

I agree, I was in the stands watching 624 since they let on that they were going to go for it. I was astounded at how close they came. Seeing Head Ref Jim Westmoreland wave it off because it wasn’t fully capped was a bit of a letdown even if it was the right call.

281 was literally 2 inches away from it ~ if you watched quaterfinal 2-3 – they drop just right of it~ they will do it at nats

hey everyone,
yeah thanks collmandoman for noticing! we did come very close to capping. we went to put the tetra on the goal and it hit on top a little hard. so it went on and then rolled over. we do expect to be able to do it at nats! visit our website at www.entech281.com! good luck to everyone at nats
Ben

hey 1466! we really admire your team. you guys are courteous and talented and are always showing gracious professionalism! we are rooting for you guys, catch ya later
Ben

Team 624 didn’t qualify for Nationals, and is currently on the waiting list. We’d like support from other teams to contact First and help us get there. We’d like to chance to cap in autonamous at nationals, but can’t do it unless First will let us go.

Shades of disappointment! 624 made it to the semifinals in Phoenix and Lone Star. In Phoenix, we ALMOST capped the side goals 6 or 7 times and the same in Houston. The picture that started this thread shows one of several close attempts at the center goal in Houston. SO …

If you want to see us cap the center goal at Nationals, let FIRST know that you think we should be there.

(thank you for your support)

YES! we need that chance people! not only tell FIRST, but also tell Dr. Jetton of Katy Indepedent School District! we have TAKS testing that week and this is waaaay more important!

oh, and nice to see you on the boards mr pramik.

Videos are posted on the website HERE. Too bad I missed the competition in real life, guess I’ll just settle for the video on repeat until it sinks in :).

Oh and JoeXIII, RIP TechTV/ZDNet TV, no G4 program will ever live up to any of the Tech TV lineup.