pic: An Autodesk Dorm

I have to brag a little bit and show off my awesome new college ready pillow sham. FIRST robotics became my life over the past four years. It has helped me learn what I want to do, where I want to go and it has given me some amazing skills. One of these, that I prize above all else, are my Computer Aided Design Skills (CAD). With Autodesk’s Software: Autodesk Inventor, my peers and I created models of our robots to aid us in the build season’s process of manufacturing and assembling. I am a little obsessed with the software and the company’s support of our organization, so it was only fitting for me to have my bed decorated as such.

With the help of my family and team-mates on FIRST Skunkworks #1983, we gathered up Autodesk Bandana’s from the regional competitions and world championships over the past few years. My mom then quilted and sewed toether this amazing product. I almost wish we would have prototyped it in Inventor first, just to say we did :stuck_out_tongue: Just kidding.

I want to thank all of you for this amazing keepsake, and big thanks go out especially to my mother for putting her time and effort into making something so special.

To see the rest of the pictures of the entire bed-spread go to the following links:

Wanna make me a set for Solidworks? :rolleyes:

eww Inventor

If you were a TRUE Autodesk nerd, you’d build your dorm room up with one of these bad boys :wink:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5594/photocfn.jpg

I remember them giving these out in Atlanta, they were pretty hard to get.

In all seriousness, I’ve been trying to find a CAD program that does soft objects well—particularly when assembled in a way that deforms them. (In other words, I want something better than the flexible component system in Pro/E.)

One obvious application of that is FRC bumpers…ever tried using sheetmetal mode to simulate fabric draped over foam? Not so much fun. What about shelling a surface? No, that doesn’t do folds nicely.

This is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I really like it too… She did an amazing job putting it together.

Not only is your dorm nice…but you have those sick sheets…dawg this is awesome.

• Sunny G.

Thanks everyone, I am glad you appreciate it as much as I do! As for the Autodesk Keyboard and Multi-tool, I’d love to add those to my room, I can PM you my mail box number and I’d love it if you could send me a set :stuck_out_tongue: