pic: BAG IT!!

Here is our 2009 robot Spark Plug, rebagged after part of our 8 hour unbagging window.

This may be a dumb question but what 8 hour bagging window?

The bagging window pertains to the Michigan regionals. It’s something that FIRST is testing out this year.

We don’t have a practice Thursday anymore, so we now have an 8 hour window where we can take our robot out of the bag. Instead of shipping it, it had to be bagged and signed by a 3rd party stating that it was bagged. Then any time in that week, you can take your robot out of the bag and work on it. It has to be out for a minumum of 30 minutes and of course, cannot exceede that 8 hour limit.

So what is the deal with the michigan stuff??

I saw in the WFA stuff that there was a separate section for michigan. Why is it a “test” state and what is the deal. Do these ppl qualify for nationals? What? I’m confused…

You’re not the only one…

MI is a “pilot” program. Every team in the state gets 2 events for $5000. However, they have to bag up their robots and bring them to events themselves. There are 7 district events and 1 state championship.

Teams qualify for the championship at the district events. The championship sends the top 18 teams to the FRC Championship Event, with 3 of them being CA teams and 1 WFFA (or was it 3? Anyways…) also is sent. The idea is that MI teams get the same representation as they did before this year.

Weird… ok well i guess that kinda clears it up… no not really but that’s ok i don’t live in michigan…

this should help.

Yes that did help thank you…