pic: Beaty Pic #4

Here is the flailer up and partially out.

Looks to me like they are a sit in the starting area, Have a big arm that comes out and hit the entire stack bot, what do you think?

Very Very good guesse…

But since its beatty it could never be JUST that:)

probably grabs 5 of the stacks :smiley:

Not as much eye candy as I expected though

They did grab stacks… but they decided that that wasn’t important (They were trying to tell our team that, who refuses to give up stacking)

They have a few other tricks though, and its gonna be really cool…

All i will say is someone mentioned it earlier on another thread but they had a cool little secret on the bottom side that i purposely didn’t show!

Mmmm Robots!

*Originally posted by Gadget470 *
**Not as much eye candy as I expected though **

When does beatty have an eye candyish design? The last time I remember them haveing a really good looking robot was 1998. I think they “only” made the round of 32 that year.

Beatty has always chosen functionality over beauty.

I know they’ve chosen function over beauty… but they’ve always had something new, innovative, unthought that was a major point of their design. That’s what I mean by eye candy. I don’t mean fancy colors, i mean engineering fancy stuff. (Engineering Eye Candy… I should have elaborated)

anyone have any idea what number practice rounds they were in?

Keeping in tradition… using PVC!!! :smiley:

*Originally posted by RollinTDollin *
**anyone have any idea what number practice rounds they were in? **

I don’t believe they actually played in any of their practice matches. The scores might or might not reflect that - keep that in mind.

Looks like another innovative and unique design from the team best known for it. Good luck today during qualifications, and I’ll see you Saturday!

We just watched their FIRST match via SOAP.
The “flailer” device was very impressive. I dont think it is as fast deploying as 148… but watching on a webcast probably didnt show it in it’s full glory.

They deployed the flailer, took down a few rows of boxes, maybe 4 or 5… then extended the flailer farther, and took down some more.

I’m impressed, but then again… there was no doubt in my mind that I would be. Another amazing bot from Team Hammond.

I still haven’t seen any evidence of the “Lint-Roller” mechanism Raul described.

Thats cuz you cant see it in the videos…its inside the robot.

we do love pvc. and no, we didn’t play any practice rounds. for those of you who were there know we were rebuilding until about 6, and underwent technical review shortly thereafter.

If i remeber correctly… Work was still being done on the Beast up until they threw us outa the pits, and i dont think it actualy got signed off on for inspection until first thing the next morning because one of the inspectors didn’t like the lack of neatness in the wiring (i dont rember a rule about wiring neatness). The autonomous was being tested and tweaked in the pits on thursday night after most of their team left. Thats when a few lucky people got to see the big thing move (and we all flinched when that arm swung the first few times).

Team hammon is cool:)

I am very impressed with 71’s bot this year. Especially since when I came into the pits on Thursday, all I saw was a drive frame. Able to hit the totes in 4 seconds is a great feat, however i would recommend finding a way so you guys don’t tip over like you did in the elim matches against 16.

Great job though, I am really impressed with the innovative design.

*Originally posted by oneangrydwarf *
**If i remeber correctly… Work was still being done on the Beast up until they threw us outa the pits, and i dont think it actualy got signed off on for inspection until first thing the next morning because one of the inspectors didn’t like the lack of neatness in the wiring (i dont rember a rule about wiring neatness). The autonomous was being tested and tweaked in the pits on thursday night after most of their team left. Thats when a few lucky people got to see the big thing move (and we all flinched when that arm swung the first few times).

Team hammon is cool:) **

yeah, the engineers stayed and wiretied a buncha stuff and such, but the students all had to leave due to this stupid the team has to stay together thing, and our bus was leaving… we did tech review and they told us to fix up the wires and they’d recheck in the morning… so the engineers stayed til 8 making everything all neat for the judges

grrr. we (pit crew) wanted to stay til 8 too.

461 is also cool, hehe, we always seem to be cheering for you guys… no idea why or anything… just kiddin!!!:smiley:

Hmm this will be most interesting seeing how Team # 71 and # 234 are both in the Curie Division @ Nats. We could possibly have an Arm vs. Arm match :ahh:

I’d like to see a match of all (or at least 4, I think there are more) the flailers together… I think 71 and 234 are the only two in Curie though

71 and 234, very impressive arms. Team 148 has a very slick arm too, able to take out 4-5 stacks, possibly more. They have a preview of it at:
http://www.koyote.com/users/vpope/lonestar2003preview/Lone%20Star%20A.mov
So as of now we’ll see at least 3 armbots doing battle. I wish you all the best. We’ll be looking forward to competing with you all in Curie.

Cyber Blue we really enjoyed seeing you guys down in VA and competing with you guys there. You don’t happen to remember 395, 2TrainRobotics do you?