pic: Before the Bear Brawl 2008

Before the Brawl I managed a panoramic photo of the field. I had fun working the “other side” as a volunteer instead of being on a team. Thanks to Scott Shaw for a successful event!

The calm before the storm. HA! :rolleyes:

I believe Friday was a bit more crazy than Saturday in this case.
I never helped host an offseason before as in depth as I did this time, & boy oh boy, what a learning experience it was.

Thanks to our whole crew (some who knew the game like Roger, & some who had never heard about or saw a FIRST field before Friday) for helping get that field up before we got kicked out of the gym for the night, & thanks to all the teams for making the competition run as smoothly as it did!

Haha the calm before the storm indeed. It is a great picture though. Certainly very cool to see how everything looks before the action really gets started. Thanks to everyone for the help with set-up and day of volunteering!

I think everyone should volunteer at some point in their FIRST career at an event - setting up, breaking down, at the event itself… it certainly gives you a different view of FIRST and it’s a lot of fun to work with everyone!

I agree with Kathie. Bear Brawl was the first time I volunteered (ok I’m Scott’s mother so maybe “volunteering” isn’t the right word) at an event and I had a really good time. I now consider myself pretty proficient with zip ties (thanks Dana) and with deflating balls:) It was a lot of work but I think everyone involved had fun. I’m looking forward to next year.

This sounded like fun, does anyone have videos of the finals.

Thanks guys,

-rc

There were lots of (still) cameras, but I didn’t see any video cameras, at least in my corner of the field. I hope Scott posts photos on the BB website.

Jill, you’re lucky you weren’t doing 2007’s Rack 'N Roll game with the tubes. There are 20-30 tubes to deflate. At the Championships in Atlanta there were a couple of girls deflating a whole pile of tubes during the Finals at Einstein, which was, uh, much more entertaining to watch than the speeches. One got herself inside a tower of tubes and kept falling over. I don’t think the job got done by the end of the Finals.

I shall try to post some pictures up at www.wnecrobotics.com sometime this coming week. As for video, I have video of a few matches but I am unsure as to whether the finals are in that video.

I have video of the refs vs. volunteers match! LOL

Make sure to post it Ben!