pic: Captain KRUNCH 13 Hanging at the NC Regional

Team 79 hanging during end game.

Do you block the balls being returned to the field when you hang that high?

Can’t that add up to multiple penalties?

-Clinton-

They got a 2 point one once.

Yes, we can. But we only try to hang after the dogma can no longer give penalties.

It wouldn’t be a DOGMA penalty, it would be

<G47> BALL RETURN Interference – Neither ROBOTS nor TEAM members may interfere with BALLS in contact with the BALL RETURN downstream of the BALL RETURN counter. Violation: Two PENALTIES per affected BALL.

Well every ball scored you have 11 seconds to return it, if you score a ball in the last 10 seconds it doesn’t have to be returned and we can hang without getting any penalties.

Just don’t stuff your goals in the Finale.

Remember, it’s balls coming down the return that are the issue with that penalty. NOT balls in the player station. If somebody stuffs your goals during the Finale, and you can’t get the balls out of the way in time, you’re either not hanging, or getting penalties on a per-ball basis.

Team 79 had a very good robot and were very dominant in the middle zone. They are very good at herding over the bump and make it look so easy, and their surgical tubing ball return works wonders at getting balls into the near zone from both ball returns. It was very fun watching you guys and wondering which ball on each return you would go for.

I love KRUNCH bots! :slight_smile:

As far as I can remember,
All the way through from the Qf’s to the Finals at the Florida Regional KRUNCH only got our alliance 2 points in penaltys from blocking balls.

What we did was just hold back the balls at the end and not put them on the return in the Finale, and it worked out…

Yes, krunch did get a 2-point penalty but only one time. They did very well though.

Team 79 had a very good robot and were very dominant in the middle zone. They are very good at herding over the bump and make it look so easy, and their surgical tubing ball return works wonders at getting balls into the near zone from both ball returns. It was very fun watching you guys and wondering which ball on each return you would go for.

I love KRUNCH bots!

Tanks man!!!:smiley:

Have you gotten anyone on your wings yet? I cant wait to see when that happens!! :smiley:

We got 900 to hang on them at the practice field but there wasn’t enough time to get them suspended in the match we played together.

Picture at http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/35432?

Crunchatize me captain. You guys are awesome. I really love your mechanism. :slight_smile: