pic: Chicapus08

You might want to double up those Omni-wheels. It will move more efficiently since it will have a rolling surface on the ground at all times.

I actually didn’t think of that, thanks for the tip. Next year, if we still go with holonomic, we’ll do that, but this year we only had 2 omni wheels.

I would like to point out that what you have here is not a holonomic drive, In this instance from your posts you are using the omni wheels as just a caster, which would just make this a tank drive.

Holonomic drive within robotics is the ability to move in all direction and rotate independently. This would require either 3 omni wheels located 120 degrees apart, omni wheels located 90 degrees apart, or a set of mecanum wheels.

I am not trying to be critical, I am just trying to encourage you to use proper terminology so that your thoughts and ideas are perceived the way you intend them to be.

It’s fine I’m glad you corrected me on that. As a freshmen I was talking with one of the senior students on the team and we were discussing drive trains, this system was introduced to me as holonomic.

Well I guess next year we’ll have to make the real version then :slight_smile: