pic: Daly Water Game

Edit: Leaking roof led to a tarp being placed on the field. There were some big thunderstorms here in Stl.

Context?

Leaky roof or something?

I’d also like to point out that the plastic was held up by an Ethernet cable. You’d think they could go up to any team and get some string or a rope but nope.

Finally, a good use for the leftover bags!

Yes, the roof was leaking in several different places because of the heavy rains we’ve had here all week. It’s just that in this case, it was falling onto a field instead of all of the space around the fields.

I counted five individual leaks, this one over daly, three over queuing areas (tesla blue queuing, daly red queuing then one of Darwin’s) as well as over an empty area that got turned into the einstein entertainment. It was a mess. Thankfully none were over the pits.

They even had plenty of spare big ropes since not many teams use the field rope. Although​, my guess would be that they couldn’t find anything long enough and the cable didn’t have much of a load to deal with.

Come to think of it, there was a small leak in the Curie queue as well

Here’s some more photos of workarounds for the Daly field leak.

We have a towel to cover the robot before auton started:

The field supervisor holding up an umbrella for a match while plans for the tarp were worked out:

The installation of the tarp:

Then there was some user acceptance testing from the pilots:

And the fully installed tarp

I didn’t get a picture, but one of the FTAs stood in the corner behind the tarp to provide info to the drivers on how many gears were installed since they couldn’t see it.

Good workarounds.