pic: Electronics Base Plate

This is the best photo I could find of the base plate we used to mount our electronics in the robot. The plate was made using models of spikes, victors, the rc, and other components from firstcadlibrary.com. In addition, we modeled the rest of the large components in the robot itself in order to miss them with the plate. We had a large number of degrees of freedom, and a small space and weight in which to mount them. It worked very well, except for the Power Distribution block (for which we later found a good solution), and one incident at the Lone Star where one of the circular plastic connectors was misaligned for much of the finals.

Wow… More than anything else, it shows the amount of planning ahead of time to know exactly where every component will go. Beautiful work! :slight_smile:

I want to see this with components on it. Can’t say I’ve seen anything quite like this before.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/28626

i like the idea and have only two questions.
What Is this made of?
How strong is it?

looks fantastic, reminds me of a frame for a rc car…

how did you machine it? CNC or waterjet? o.O

It is made out of aluminum (1/16 I think but I’ll check) and it didn’t break or give us problems fully loaded so it was “strong enough” if that answers your question?

It was cut using a water-jet.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

Pavan.