pic: FRC-34 2009 Swerve Module w/FP (Side View)

Another thing I tried to include in my design was options. This version with the FP and an AM Planetary saves about 1.4 lbs of weight. There are many different ways to build various parts of this design. I’ll put a WP together after the Championship.

Very Clean Ed, very impressed. Looks amazing. Any specs the gearbox and how heavy is with and without a cim.

I LOVE seeing 34’s drivetrains each year. You guys never disappoint.

WOW. diggin the detailed shots! this is really clean and well thought out! These do look similar to the 111 swerve that works so well. do your delrin plates simply sandwich the bottom circle? if so, what does that little block on the edge do?
although it looks machining heavy, i can see the benefit of the weld less chassis, no doubt what that repeated hole pattern is for.
good work

*edit: OH MY, there are so many andy-mark parts here! the sprocket, the gears, the axle, the encoder, the bearings. wow!

**edit: OH MY, and your coming to Lone Star, OH BOY!!!

There’s also two AM 500 Hubs and two of the short hex shafts. The little block on the bottom prevents an “Out of control” module from spinning more than 320 or so degrees. It interferes with another plate on the bottom bearing (not shown). I’ll post an exploded view of the whole thing after we get back from Peachtree.

The CIM version weighs 7.4 lbs. The CIM itself weighs 2.9 lbs.
The FP version weighs 6.0 lbs. The FP/Planetary weighs 1.5 lbs.

• so -

The module without motor weighs 4.5 lbs.

Note: If you look close, I cheesed the gears and the small hex shafts to get about half of the steel weight out (saved about 0.5 lbs per module).

Ed,
Very nice! Kudos on an elegant design.

Good luck to 34!

-John