pic: FRC 57 Front view

robot
frc57

Front view through the dorsal fins of our robot

So I uploaded these pics last night intending to do a reveal-ish post, but fell asleep before they were approved. So I’ll just tack things on in here instead. First, two short videos:
Hand-run dorsal fin demo (programming and control was still getting worked out, so they ran it through by hand)
Short on-field video

The run down:
Low-goal only
Clears all non-C defenses
Tape measure lift we’re finalizing and bolting on at Lonestar
Dorsal fins for visibility and maybe camera/shot blocking

I can tell you that the fins go under the low bar and portcullis just fine. The final cloth version will obviously have graphics, because why waste that space.

Kevin, that is an idea I haven’t seen a lot of yet. Can you explain the color selection? I’m assuming it’s team colors, but maybe there are other reasons, like simple signals to drivers as to which way they are facing. In any case, I love to see your team’s personality reflected so clearly. Nice work.

Hey! I recognize that field! :wink:

Awesome robot guys, it was really cool to see it fly over the defenses when you came to visit.

Hold on, they’re for flying?!

Literal word choice has never been my forte… :slight_smile:

But from what they explained to me the fins are there to help the driver determine robot orientation like you said.

Pls. tell me you called him Dory

(you know, like that fish from that movie many years ago)

So I uploaded these pics last night intending to do a reveal-ish post, but fell asleep before they were approved. So I’ll just tack things on in here instead. First, two short videos:
Hand-run dorsal fin demo (programming and control was still getting worked out, so they ran it through by hand)
Short on-field video

The run down:
Low-goal only
Clears all non-C defenses
Tape measure lift we’re finalizing and bolting on at Lonestar
Dorsal fins for visibility and maybe camera/shot blocking

I can tell you that the fins go under the low bar and portcullis just fine. The final cloth version will obviously have graphics, because why waste that space.

Primary team colors are yellow/black, yes. And we went with two different colors so the driver can tell robot orientation.