psst…are you guys planning to cover your electronics? Funky things can happen when another manipulator tries to dig in
So I see the 2006 bot in the back. Adam, fix your shoootteerrr!
Now for the 2007 robot.
- do you have a FP motor directly attached to the shoulder for the bot?
- How much does the whole thing weigh?
- What are the ramps made out of?
- Does your cam work? Planning on protecting it at all?
- Do I have to come after you this year too saying, “Fix your ramps?” =)
Ramp? i thought they are using the CAT forklift; pictured in back
We plan on doing that at the regional
- Its actually a banebots motor attached to a 1:64 banebots gearbox attached to the second stage of the FP gearbox directly attached to the shoulder.
- 110 (a little bit under)
- Aluminum mesh
- It works somewhat. We may nix it and then replace it at various times during the regional depending on the time our programmer has
- Probably :rolleyes:
Definitely cover your camera if you plan on using it. We had a plastic box for it both last year and this year, which kept it (mostly) out of harm’s way.
Another suggestion for the cam: they are HIGHLY sensitive to any type of static. We used some anti-static spray on the inside of our protective case (though not on the actual camera), as well as the wheels of our robot. I highly recommend doing this if you find static is a problem.