First there was “Stormy”, then “Brave Beckham”, and last year “Crimson Claw”. For the 2012 season Storm Robotics presents “Donald Duct”.
Check out some video here; http://youtu.be/n-rK4V7GIcc
A few robot features:
- Wide base, 6 wheeled tank drive.
- 6" plaction wheels are direct driven by a AM Super Shifter.
- Ball control takes place at 3 independent stages; intake roller, holding belts, and shooter delivery belts.
- Intake roller can pick up 2 balls at once.
-Bridge tipper is located the ball intake roller side of the robot.
- Shooter is mounted on the opposite side of the intake roller.
- The shooter is a set at a fixed angle but has the ability to adjust compression manually.
- The shooter is capable of hitting shots from the edge of the bridge on our offensive side of the court.
Follow some of our design decisions on twitter @frc2729.
Looking forward to seeing our friends at Chestnut Hill and Lenape MAR District events, and hopefully the MAR Championship. Good luck and have fun this season!