pic: FRC3880 - Tiki Techs - 2015 Prototype Drive

Ok my bad. I am new to the iProperties thing.

This should have been caught by me, knowing that the CIMs together weigh about 5lbs.

There is no way that transmission weighs 9 lbs!!! More like 3.

The transmission is basically a hybrid of a WCP 2 CIM DS, 2.15lbs. and 3 CIM DS, 3.5lbs. Weight will be between that since it is basically a stretched DS if you will. A 2CIM DS with one extra idler. We went with an idler gear instead of belts. Much easier for us, we had it on hand.

The entire transmission was designed using the existing gears from our 3CIM DS making it easy to test by just replacing the frames. Future orders of different gear ratios from WCP will just work.

Last year we used the WCP 3CIM DS and are extremely happy with it. Never had any issues with breakers tripping on our 6 wheel WCD but space was tight.

We wanted a stretched 2 CIM DS, if you will. That was set up for in-frame chain setup and over the frame motor orientation. (see hex frame).

Being able to orientate the motors in either direction and a quick and easy encoder placement was the goal.

Our competition bots have always had a post tapped into the front or rear axle that the encoder used. Not always pretty…

Something different for us…

I think the difference is that 118 used a 1x2 tube so there no room for wheel drop. The 3880 prototype uses 1.5x3 tube so they have plenty of space.

Makes sense, didn’t realize it was 1.5x3.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. A 9lb transmission would be ridiculous.
However, that being said, I still higly recommend you consolidate your side gearboxes into one gearx each. There is no purpose to having 4 IMO.

Anyone ever hear of battery voltage drop causing cRIO to restart? ;p

I say this partly jokingly, but partly practically. Even with 6 CIM WCD we were dropping out consistently during offseason when we changed our ratio to about 9fps.
We are looking into limiting acceleration/deceleration, current limiting code, etc.

See if you can check your driver station logs for the voltage graph during your matches, that sounds like you might have some bad batteries.

Where might I find CAD models of the colson performa wheels? I am looking for a variety of them but don’t know where to look. But what you have pictured is 4x1.5 and 4x2 if I am not mistaken and would be a good starting place for me. Any help is appreciated. I have checked 3dcontentcentral with no luck. Also google hasn’t come up with a match yet.

Edit:
After more looking I found what I needed. Thanks.

It can also be a CAN brown out.

Over kill, much?

Where did you find them?

I wind up making a generic gray-colored cylinder with rounded edges for my models.

Someone posted a full CAD archive of Colson wheels on Chief Delphi some years back. Let me see if I can dig it up…

Ah, yes, here it is: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxNpey1R08BIZlNwYVpMeW9CWW8&usp=sharing

My team usually searches around in this.