pic: Got my plates.

Thats awesome! I have always wanted to do that for my truck but the best I got is a plate that has “FIRST” painted on it from a parade we did.

It certainly is a good way to help spread the word about your team. I’d be interested to know how many other people roaming around have FIRST-inspired custom plates.

This is pretty cool :slight_smile:

One of our Alumni got his cell phone number to be our team number. I wont to do it for mine too maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve know 2056 has a lincence plate that says “team 2056”, its a van that pulls their trailer. I think 1114 has a vehicle with a licence plate with their team # on it also. I would like to do the same eventually :slight_smile:

Im jealous of teams that have 2 digit numbers they could get xxf-irst

Ideas for a number with 907-xxxx :smiley: ?

FRC-0907?

Sure :slight_smile:

I’ve had “ELITE 48”, “ELITE48”, and “NEOFRA”.

RIP, Pontiac. This car was kinda ugly, anyway - http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/24881

The head coach on team 88 has her license plate as “TJ288”

In Ontario you can get 8 digit plates with no spaces, so:

907FIRST

would be allowed.

Also, the 1114 plate that was mentioned.

My father (our lead programming mentor) just ordered a “T3 DAD” plate, and one of the other parents on the team has “T3 BOTS”. We’re also ordering clear-back bumper stickers with the team logo.

“ROBOMOM” tags since 2006. http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/24159

This post as well as a comment from my mom got me thinking on an idea I just sent it to FIRST. The body of the email is below…

To Whom it May Concern:
Within our team we are always trying to expand FIRST and help brand not only our own team but FIRST in general. To provide an example, for a Mardi Gras parade that we took part in, my team decorated / transformed my truck into a robotics themed float. While afterwords we removed the majority of the stickers, streamers, etc. However, I still have not removed the front license plate that has the word ‘FIRST’ painted on it in our team color by one of team member (as seen in attached picture). Through Chief Delphi I have heard of quite a number of people who have ordered custom license plates with their team number, name or both.

The other day my mom looked at my FIRST plate and had the rather clever question of, ‘Why doesn’t FIRST sell license plates?’ As we figure it, a lot of robotics kids and mentor drive cars and would be proud to show off their FIRST spirit. I would suggest, however, to make ones slightly more fancy then the one I have. But still, wouldn’t it be cool to have the FIRST name and logo on the front of your car? The possible exposure would be enormous.

Just a thought. Thank you for your time.

This is something done on a state-by-state basis. While FIRST may be able to petition for license plates in New Hampshire, I don’t think they could do it for the 49 others.
We tried in 2008; in the end we narrowly missed out because FIRST is headquartered in NH and we couldn’t tie it directly back to Indiana. Since IndianaFIRST is now a registered 503©, we’ll give it another shot.
It’s a labor intensive process, as outlined in the linked thread. But if it works, it’s definitely worth it - as advertisements and as a fundraiser. Good luck!

I don’t have a picture of mine but I’m running around Kansas City with a BOTGIRL one. My mom got it for me for Christmas. =)

Back when I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I had a “BILL” plate in Connecticut colors for my bike. No reason there couldn’t be a FIRST-themed version. Probably too late for the 2013 KOP, though, ya think? :wink: :smiley:

Anyway, Logoloc are the guys to try for this, I bet. They’re always on the lookout for places to slap the logo. It should come with a booklet of snappy patter to use with the traffic cop that pulls you over.:smiley:

Here’s the current version:

(snip) - guess the tag to a public link on Google docs doesn’t work - looked fine on my PC!

Here’s the link. I shared it publicly, so if it doesn’t work this time, blame Google! https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5w08ZxEZEVSNGt0UlZnMUVKcUE

No one on our team has custom plates, but we have a mentor who made bumpers (like robot bumpers) for his truck. I’ll see if I can find a picture

Image is broken, says it is forbidden. Just thought you might want to know.

I’ve seen several FRC inspired vanity plates, both on road-going vehicles, and on-board FRC robots.

I’ve seen:

TEAM1114 (Ontario plate seen on the above photographed van)
TEAM2056 (Ontario plate, seen on the vehicle pulling 2056’s trailer)
HOT 67 (old blue Michigan Plate, seen on board 67’s 2008 (I think, maybe it was 2009) robot @ Kettering Kickoff)

IIRC I’ve seen a 781 ON vanity plate at an event, and several other MI/OH plates at Kettering Kickoff that I’m now forgetting.

The Hills from 1625 have painted bumpers on their 12 passenger van with 1625 written in the corners. I think one side is blue and the other is red. Its pretty cool. :slight_smile:

I don’t know of anyone having a 781 plate, but it may have been before or after my time on the team. We did have use of this van from sponsor Bruce Power for several years, until it was sold prior to the 2011 season:

http://team781.com/gallery/2009/2009beach/images/102_1868.jpg

Last year Bruce Power lent us a minivan and Bruce Safe Communities lent us a covered trailer that went to Waterloo and GTR with us. Everything went underneath the coach bus to Buckeye and Champs last year. I’m not sure what they did this year.