pic: Has anyone else had this happen to their cRio?

In qualification match 37 of the Philadelphia Regional our robot mysteriously died. We went back to the pits to see what was up with it, and found that we had no PWM outputs, but our RSL and Inputs were working. We tried replacing the Digital Sidecar, Changing the programming, and changing the module in Slot 4, before finally deciding to replace the cRio. After inspecting the cRio, I found that one of the pins on the connector in Slot 4 had broken off. Has anyone else seen this happen?

P.S. Sorry for the blurry picture, the best camera I had at the time was my phone…

This happened to team 1743, last year for the competition we got permission from the chief inspector to use slot 6 instead of slot 4. Then for the next year we got our CRio replaced.

good luck.

This happened to team 1743, last year for the competition we got permission from the chief inspector to use slot 6 instead of slot 4. when we went to the championship we borrowed another team’s Crio. Then for the next year we got our CRio replaced.

good luck.

Ha, I remember you guys from Pitt last year! It took a while to figure out thats where the problem was, and IIRC you could read digital inputs but not write digital outputs for your particular busted pin case.

A caveat of using slot 6 instead of 4, is that your robot signal light will not work. It is hardcoded to use the DIO in slot 4.

–Eric

We discovered this too, which is why we replaced our cRio with a loaner, and our broken cRio is in route to NI to get fixed before the Championship.

I’m curious to know how difficult it is to get the RSL to blink from slot 6. I believe it is possible but it involves rewriting some of the libraries.

Happen to us 3 days before ship. We had a robot that really needed to have a full test run, and a dead Crio. Next day air, and swapped it out.
NI and FIRST, this Crio replacement system is very impressive.

Agreed