pic: How many Moon rocks will this count as?

As the title says, if what is shown in the picture were to end up in your opponent trailer, how many Moon rocks would it count it as?

are refs going to have to count broken bands in our trailers by sixes?
this could prove to be a problem. some of ours are beginning to show signs of breakage. not anywhere near this badly though.

Another question is: how many of those pieces will stay in the trailer and how many will fall out?

I know its not allowed but since we are short balls this year, will they allow duct tape?

I wonder how many ball collection/scoring systems will survive if a ball falls apart inside them? I wonder if that is likely enough to be worth anticipating in the mechanisms?

Why isn’t it allowed?

None. It’s an Empty Cell.:yikes:

Seriously, I would say it’s one 2-point score, and probably won’t be this bad due to replacement balls.

empty cells still count for 2, and im wondering if there will be a robot out there that can destroy a cell this bad and still score it…

I’m guessing it would be hard to score one this destroyed, but it may happen.

I know that. The question was how many Moon Rocks it would count as, but it’s an Empty Cell. I was being literal.

As I’ve said before, if it’s good enough for NASA . . . :smiley:
http://www.ducttapeguys.com/NASA/index.html

My favorite one

Duct Tape: NASA approved restraint device
NASA has a detailed set of written procedures for dealing with a suicidal or psychotic astronaut in space. The
documents say the astronaut’s crewmates should bind his/her wrists and ankles with duct tape, tie him/her down with a bungee cord and inject him/her with tranquilizers as necessary.

i’m pretty sure a robot cannot destroy the balls this badly. It is in the rules that if any robot is harmful towards game pieces or the arena, the team will be forced to make modifications

There appears to be no proscription on tape as a fastener to be found in the robot rules this year. Hard to believe…

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconmaster
I know its not allowed but since we are short balls this year, will they allow duct tape?

That was exactly the point of the question.

Just a reminder that rules from prior years do not apply to this year’s game. The rules do change, with both additions and deletions. We can’t assume that because “it has always been that way” makes it true for this year.

-dave

Well then duct tape to the rescue!
Guess I better re-read the rules without assumptions…think rookie!
Thanks Dave

Come on. You guys don’t get the humor?

Haven’t you heard? The GDC is not allowed to have a sense of humor. It confuses people. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

When they’re stressing about building robots under time and budget constraints? When this year’s game forced them to be creative and engineer new things? You realize how much you’re asking? :wink: