So the gyms were filled with desks for exams… we’d already enjoyed a vigorous interaction with a fluorescent tube in the shop… and we had improved the launcher. We didn’t really feel like going outside, so the solution was obvious… lower the floor.
The launcher, by the way… worked beautifully and cleared the 7’6" overpass represented by the 2x4s with about 18" to spare. We’re running four 1.5"x8" pneumatics with about 2" of preload at 60psi, and are working out ways to enhance “air economy”… improving performance while reducing consumption. Then we’ve got to drop the control board back in and see if we can still pick up the ball.