pic: Indiana FIRST Wallpaper

Here's a 1024 x 768 copy of a new wallpaper I just made, inspired by the original one I made. Note the numbers in the background - all Indiana teams. :slight_smile: Enjoy.

I like the basic Indiana FIRST logo (the FIRST logo with an Indiana shaped square), but I think this modification is a bad idea. Sure the Matrix effects look cool, but you have to keep the organization in mind when making a logo for it. The first thing that comes to mind when you see it is, “What? The Matrix?” (And then comes the, shoot, the Matrix falling numbers incorporated into yet another logo or other Photoshoped image)

This version of the Indiana FIRST logo is the more detailed version, and I like it a lot more because it looks like Indiana. The vertical text is just like the previous wallpaper I made - except this one incorporates every Indiana FIRST team’s number. Why is this a bad idea? It’s supposed to have a matrix feel to it.

Multiple sizes and one without the numbers in the background will be available within the next few days.

The problem is that the glowing falling numbers are so tied with the Matrix (at least to any good nerd) that it would appear IndianaFIRST should have some sort of assosciation with it. IndianaFIRST isn’t related to movies, sci fi, fantasy, computers, or anything Matrix related. There is absolutely no connection despite what the logo suggests. Imagine if McDonald’s logo had a “Matrix-feel”.

This is in no way, shape, or form the official logo of IndianaFIRST. Ryan has made other backgrounds for his team and for FIRST before, and so I fail to see why this background’s association with The Matrix movie would be any kind of problem.

You can find the logo at www.indianafirst.org.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I though it was some sort of official graphic from IndianaFIRST.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Why didn’t you have something to say when I made the previous one, saying that FIRST has nothing to do with the matrix? It’s just an effect that looks cool, it doesn’t relate to the movie in any way, shape or form. You’re entitled to your opinion though, so don’t put it on your desktop if you don’t like it. I made this mainly for those who live in Indy, or have ties to it.

If things like this weren’t meant to be made, then Photoshop wouldn’t have included a vertical text tool. :]

Now - what do others think?

I didn’t see the previous one.

Anyway, like I said before, its cool looking. You might want to anti-alias the logo part of it a bit more, the jaggies are a bit visible. The glow on the logo part really makes it jump out, nice.

This is very cool. It does have a matrix feel, but its cool to any team member from Indiana, who has their team number on there. The Indiana also looks a lot like, well, INDIANA!!! (i.e. thats what it is supposed to look like). For more photoshop fun, you should check out my UNOFFICIAL logo of the Purdue Regional in my signature (yes, that is WAY GHETTO, but I made a better one which I’ll upload in a little while).

Neither is CollegeLinux, last i checked. yet they still use the matrix feel in official logos.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=6311&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3&quiet=Verbose

There’s the link for the original, in case anyone wants it.

(Various sizes of that one here - http://www.cyberblue234.com/gallery/wallpapers)

Only recomendation would to make each team’s number one continuous ‘stream’ as in one full line of 45’s, etc. Also, you need to blur and streak the numbers some more, like the origional. But VERY good job otherwise!