pic: (left-right) Team member Ceren & Team member Fatih getting help from Coach Mucahit Polat :)

They’re doing something with the wheel but im not sure what. But they’re doing it with SAFETY :smiley:

Not sure what you consider safety considering that 2/3’s of the people in this photo are not wearing safety glasses. It would also be a much safer operation if that wheel was in a vice rather than someone’s hands.

I’d ditch the ties too…won’t take much for that to get snagged in something (like a drill) and wind up around the bit…

One of them is wearing forehead protectors…

About the only things safe here are one pair of safety glasses and long hair tied back. Where is your Safety Captain?

also spinning drill making contact to a wheel that is being held by someones hand. Power tools facing someone is not a good idea, even if there is a part in between.

First of all guys… she is holding an cordless screwdriver and not a drill…
I do agree that using a “human” vice is a poor choice but at least there is not a drill bit aimed at the coach’s chest.

Eye protection…
at all times…

ties… the usual…
they do not belong in a shop…
( by the way this also goes for lanyards with keys attached… as many of us teachers carry… I have found myself with keys dangling many times…I need a better way to keep the keys… unfortunately if I put them down… I lose them… hazard of getting old…)

[quote=]
ties… the usual…
they do not belong in a shop…
( by the way this also goes for lanyards with keys attached… as many of us teachers carry… I have found myself with keys dangling many times…I need a better way to keep the keys… unfortunately if I put them down… I lose them… hazard of getting old…)[/quote]

I put my keys on a carabiner and put the carabiner on a belt loop, ties in the pocket or on the desk

And those schools or businesses that require an ID shown at all times, usually on a lanyard around the neck. I’m sure they would much rather take the security risk of someone in the shop not being immediately identifiable, rather than the safety risk of catching the lanyard in some piece of moving machinery. Put the id away until you leave the shop.

If I have to wear keys on a lanyard, I often put them down my shirt. Keeps them handy and I don’t have to worry.