pic: Like an afro, consider yourself Teased, 1083 style

Hrmmm i wonder…

Anyone remember 1083’s wheel teaser last year? Looks like the wheels have got an upgrade.

hmm, It looks like an Omni wheel got crossed with a tank tread and then reproduced like bunnies. I cant wait to see the full bot.

Wow 8 omni wheels this is the good kind we have and are usign in team with treads. Ok I dont know to post pics but ours are continuos not choppy like yours.

Nice teaser andrew…

looks like 1083 will be back with their Holomonic drive.

-Arefin.

8 omnies WOW looks sweet.

I looked at that photo again and recounted and i see 15 omni wheels, and i doubt there will be treads working with these. Seems like 1083 is going to have another holomonic crazy drive again…

it’s 16 if you count the metal all the way to the right, it took me a few trys to see all 16.

wow…it looks like 1083 is spending all their money from andymark.biz. at 16 per side thats…(16x2)x$56=$1,792 erm thats just for the 6" wheels, i dunno if they are th 8’s or not, cant really tell

i think i kinda get a idea of what they are going for…
the omni “logs” would be parallel to each other, correct?

kinda like…

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() ^
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() v

with the ()'s being the omnis and they would move the bot like that???

It seems to me like they will be using eight on each side, and that in the picture they are just lined up in a row. And how would they spin omni wheels parrallel the each other on the long side…?

you have the 4 chips? you link 8 wheels to a chip and then you have the ability to steer

… or maybe, using 16 omni wheels to accomplish a mecanum wheel robot.

Is is just me or do the wheels in this picture not look like the wheels on this picture from andymark.biz ? It seems that the ones above have some kinds of grooves in the wheels…maybe they cut them in themselves?

I’ve got a theory on having this many omniwheels (those are AndyMarks, right?)

Did somebody say practice robot? :smiley:

What if they are collaborating with someone on an omni drive?? 16 wheels would work like their last year’s bot, so 16 wheels=4 bots…maybe?..or using two omni’s per wheel position and making 2 bots…

Hrmm did anyone notice the 1 ungrooved roller in the middle… I wonder what that could be for!!!

You let George in the machine shop again, didn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Those wheels look similar to andy mark wheels, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t.

Maybe…

This gets my vote for best teaser. I find myself with an irrestible urge to see the full machine.