pic: Michigan Hall of Fame

Taken at Howell district after the hard fought finals.

Ken, Kyle, and Adam together – there is an inspiring group of mentors!

Reminds me of the 2007 St. Louis Regional, when Andy Baker and Paul Copioli coached on opposing alliances in the Finals. I wonder how many times WFAs have coached against each other in FRC Finals?

I believe the 67 mentor in question is actually Jim Meyer - he’s been one of the head engineering mentors since at least 2005.

Reminds me of the 2007 St. Louis Regional, when Andy Baker and Paul Copioli coached on opposing alliances in the Finals. I wonder how many times WFAs have coached against each other in FRC Finals?

Hmmm… I think this happened any time 27 and 217 played against each other back when Paul was drive coach for the ThunderChickens, but I could be wrong. Was Kyle the drive coach at the 2008 Detroit Regional, where 27 faced 217 in the finals? Was Dave Verbrugge emceeing??

The thing that our team remembers the most concerning these 2 are when 217, 359, and 45 were on the same alliance at Champs during eliminations in 2003. :slight_smile:

Correct, that’s Jim Meyer - our chief engineer. Adam Freeman is down in Texas working for HexBug now.

Yes Kyle Hughes was coaching in eliminations in the '08 Detroit Regional.