pic: Michigan Teams

So here it is… All of the teams in Michigan! I thought it was a good idea to get off my computer and do some manual work for once… Guess I was wrong. Sorry 'bout the fuzzy quality, I tried :o

Well, there’s that Michigan map I promised to make. My editor was being mean so I had to make it manually, so sorry about the bad quality.

Anyways… doing this really made me realize how lucky I am to live in an area always alive with the FIRST spirit . But what about the spirit in the Upper Peninsula? I think spreading the message to that area should be one of our goals for the next few years to come :o

It looks like only a few counties outside of metro-Detroit have teams. :frowning:

Just getting some more teams anywhere outside of the Detroit area would be pretty good.

Yet in Oakland County there are 25. Hmmm… everyone should talk to their friends from outside the area!

(Thanks for the map :slight_smile: )

Wow. I’ve known this for a long time, but the full effect only really hit me once I saw the map. Look at all the traditional “powerhouse” teams located in and around Oakland County.

27, 33, 47, 65, 66, 67, 68, 201, 217, 308, 469, 494.

That’s an all-star cast and a half.

It’s in the water :yikes:

Great Map!

One minor correction: 279 isn’t in Ottawa county, I think they’re in the far southeast part of Michigan, probably Monroe county.

Getting more teams in the UP would be great (Marquette, Escanaba?), but there’s also that big center part of the Lower Pennisula that should be filled in too! Lansing, Kalamazoo, Midland, etc…

Yup, I’ve heard about efforts to get teams started in Lansing for next year. Does anyone know anything about attempts to establish teams in Kalamazoo or Midland? Just curious…

I’m surprised there are no teams up near traverse city. Of course, I guess one of the big reasons there are so many in southest michigan is because of the car industry.

If the entire country had a team density at or greater than Oakland counties’, I think Dean’s goal will have been achieved.

Wow, I didn’t realize that Kent/Ottawa had that many teams.

MI Rocks!