pic: My Pneumatic Bandana Launcher

0a66091ca824ada35b7ea3892e74add3_l.jpg

This baby is amazing. I used all original parts from previous yrs. robots to construct this pneumatic launcher. If you have a question on how it works or if you have a general question e-mail me.

Why is it called a bandana lancher?

so does this mean that you will be giving out free bandanas to people who catch them when you lanch them???

your team must have lots of spare time, money, and energy…unless you bought it.

They’re really not all that hard to make… and its really fun too. We have a “t-shirt distribution management system” made out of an old potato gun. Unfortunately the t-shirts still haven’t come in, so I don’t know what we’re gonna shoot. (anyone like potatoes?)

*Originally posted by LizJJury *
**so does this mean that you will be giving out free bandanas to people who catch them when you lanch them???

your team must have lots of spare time, money, and energy…unless you bought it. **

Its called a bandana launcher because it does just that, launches bandanas. I will be giving them out at St. Louis and at Nat. but only if you can catch:D I went to a couple of screen printing places here in our home town and they gave us a reduced rate for the bandanas. I also recieved 204 suckers/lollypops that will be rolled up in the bandanas;) I might post more detailed pictures later but probably not before St. Louis.

I Made the same thing BUT i shatered a window with mine!

look at at
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16571&perpage=40&highlight=injuries&pagenumber=2

I dont mean to sound negative, but i dont think FIRST will allow this to be used, there are atleast 3 things i can think off, that could be bad

*Originally posted by “Big Mike” *
**I dont mean to sound negative, but i dont think FIRST will allow this to be used, there are atleast 3 things i can think off, that could be bad **

I also thought of this and e-mailed them with a request to bring it to competition. I’m still waiting for a reply. The launcher isn’t a complete waste because its also my physics project.:smiley:

*Originally posted by “Big Mike” *
**I dont mean to sound negative, but i dont think FIRST will allow this to be used, there are atleast 3 things i can think off, that could be bad **

They’ll probably say no.
Too much risk of injury and next thing you know FIRST will have a liability suit faster than you can say “Ambulance Chaser.”