pic: NEOFRA Demolition Derby Car - The After

http://delphielite.com/~neofra/index.php?dir=Media%2FDerby07%2FAtDerby%2F

Check out car cameo appearances from 25, 45, 47, 48, 80, 88, 108, 111, and others. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well the NEOFRA demo derby car competed at the “World’s Largest” Demolition Derby last night at the Canfield Fair. Mark hung in there quite a while and delivered some good licks, but he got caught up on another car and the rest of the field decided his hood, radiator, and left fender would make nice targets. That and a problem with his fuel pump override switch put him out of the event. The great thing is, after the race, Mark just changed the front right tire (that’s the 379 tire if you can’t tell. The 48 tire is the back right…), fixed the electrical glitch, and the car as you see it here started right up. Purrs like a kitten. Mark is planning on taking the same car to another derby later on this fall, so the NEOFRA paintjob will live on to spread its message another day. I just can’t wait until they retire it so I can hang the hood of the car up in my condo. :stuck_out_tongue:

thats odd…
i dont remember my team doing that…
:smiley:

It held up pretty good.

That car has life left in it for another demo. Pull the radiator support out, replace the front clip, make sure the radiator and fan are good and it’s back in business. :slight_smile:

Any regulation against raising the front bumper up some so it will take more of the impact next time? Some derbys have different rules than others. I know people driving the old Chryslers, Plymouths and Dodges love to crank down on the torsion bars which makes the cars nose high and less chance of another vehicle riding over the front bumper and taking out the radiator.

This derby was more by the numbers, but the next one I hear is notorious for allowing rather extreme modifications. I will pass your suggestion on to Mark.

Oh man that is just AWESOME =)
Seems like ya had a fun time in that car haha. And I love the ‘Safety First’ painted on haha.

Extreme modifications…gotta love those rules…or lack of! :wink:

Well, in THAT case, there’s a guy that used to work with me that did demos occasionally. His best trick? He took an early 80s Buick Electra and boxed the front frame rails in. This allowed him to fill them with concrete. :smiley: