pic: new robot cart with 2014 bot

This is our new cart for the 2014 season with our bot sitting proudly on top.

The robot looks very good but it just may be an optical illusion, but it looks like your arm, when rotated, may pass through the 20 inch exclusion.
The 20 inch rules apply from the floor to infinity (and beyond)
The easiest way to check is put your robot 20 inches from a wall and rotate the arm. If at any time the arm touches the wall, you’re illegal.
Like I said it just may be the picture but it is best to find out now instead of at a regional and you have to hack up the arm.

I thought the same thing when we put it together but its actually 3" short

Hockey stick forks?

Eh!

Be carefull with those lights. If someone is using their camera to track the blue lights on the goal you could get in a bit of trouble.

I thought that only the robot is sitting in the arena, and the cart is just to transport it?

It’s entirely possible that the cart is within range of somebody’s camera tracking system. Carts are stowed next to the field.

On the other hand, most robots will be looking high for the goal lights.

I think the rule you’re referring to is the blue box in R8

C. Any devices or decorations specifically intended to jam or interfere with the remote sensing capabilities of another ROBOT, including vision systems, acoustic range finders, sonars, infrared proximity detectors, etc. (e.g. including imagery on your ROBOT that, to a reasonably astute observer, mimics the VISION TARGET)

I don’t think illuminated letters counts as mimicking, but ultimately its up to the refs

The other point is that it quite clearly isn’t “intentional”-- the wording is such that it is specifically decorations made with the intent of interference that are a problem.

Outside of that, if your vision system is confusing lit up letters for a goal, it’s your code that has problems, not the robot with the lit up letters.

Love the hockey sticks

Exactly. I would highly recommend that anyone trying to track the blue lights rewrite their code to track the actual vision targets. The lights are there to show drivers and spectators how many assists the team has.

Especially since the lights are YELLOW during autonomous.

We can turn these lights on/off and the cart is only for transporting to the field
so if need be we can turn them off.

I thought the trojans were our mascots :frowning: :smiley: :wink: