pic: NJ- 103 is going down.

I would have to say that a lot of bots have been tipping over that i have seen watching at VCU I dont know about the other regionals!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Almost everyone tipped over. It didn’t happen as much in the semis or finals but in normal rounds entire alliances would be knocked over.

Ours didn’t tip over once then again ours was not even a shooter but we still came in fith place at Trenton

What is causing robots to tip over? Riding up on balls? Really hight CG? Changing direction quickly? Other robots pushing them?

having 6 robots on the field at the same time - distorts the very fabric of the time/space continuum and causes random gravity wells on the playfield

Agreed.
Also, for us it was once trying to get up the ramp before we realized that the extra 1/4 inch of diamond plate was hitting our bumpers - then we took off our bumpers. We only fell one other time, and I don’t think we actually fell - if the robot that had pushed us and fallen beneath us had been moved, we would have slid off the ramp and into an upright position (I think).

it’s that most teams put heavy gears and chains and sprockets 5 feet high on their robot( for the shooter) and then when they are going up the ramp that weight is almost horizontal to the ground and then gravity does the rest

also when they ride up a ball they are on a similar angle as when they are going on the ramp so that can cause them to tip over

haha…thats a very…interesting picture of our bot…we only actually fell over twice i believe…once at phili and once at trenton…thanks to our handy dandy kevlar armor and titanium braced 80-20…we were able to withstand most 10000 foot falls and machine gun fire.

Gee, and I thought that tipover was caused by the recoil of the shooter! Leave it to Ken to find the most rational explanation for anything.