pic: Our electric box display

I talked about this earlier and promised to post a picture. I'm mounting a 4x4 keypad to enter info into our robot. I want to use this to display info entered into the robot and maybe to have it display info the RC gives it about the robot!

That looks awesome man. KUDOS. So is this going to like, read out the status of the robot and about the autonomous mode that you choose that is going to run?

Looks good. Does it have a backlight?

Yeah it has a back light but I’m just learning the commands. This was me altering a sample program. I just got it today but i ill get it figured out! :smiley: The cool thing is that it has its own built in processor and can run completely independently.

Got links? :smiley:

Sure do! The company is http://www.basicx.com/. I got the LCDX. I really like it. It is a 4x20 line screen and has an insane amount of connection pins and solder points. I could easily wire this to a whole host of things. It even comes with PWM cables (I’m very confident it will connect to the RC). Somebody asked about the equal signs on the left side, Its part of a program that I’m running on it to make them scroll across the screen! :smiley:

nice lil’ gadget you got there lol…what do you plan to do with it in terms of the robot ie. error messages? or just like making it scroll random things eg “MAYDAY MAYDAY, WE’VE BEEN HIT! I REPEAT WE’VE BEEN HIT” when u get hit :rolleyes:

Ill just copy the discription:
I talked about this earlier and promised to post a picture. I’m mounting a 4x4 keypad to enter info into our robot. I want to use this to display info entered into the robot and maybe to have it display info the RC gives it about the robot!

I put an LCD on our robot, but it got removed because it was in the way of the neon underglow :slight_smile:

Hey, bring that to Capital Clash!

Is the text any thing important? I can only make out:

H1 C…

something something …

Also, what would need to happen to a robot in order to post a
“Catastrophic failure” message? :rolleyes:

Is there a sensor for that? :]

You seriously can’t read it? i can clearly see Hi chiefdelphi and then it says Go team 623. Unfortionatly i wont be at capitol clash because im leaving for a cruise in Alaska tomarrow (i here its 60 degrees :)) We will probabely use it at VCU this year though as soon as i figure out how to program it to work properly…

That looks like it is gonna be awesome. Good job on that. But I must say, nothing was greater than the site you showed me with that on it that was selling it for a higher price than was advertised on the thing itself…
I can’t wait to see the entire Box.

Yeah for those who might not get the joke go to http://www.robotshop.ca/c214721p16536215.2.html what their selling is not the kit its the basic product :D. I first saw it on this site and then googled the name to get the manufacturer and saved a bundle :rolleyes:.

Actually you saved about $10 (at current exchange rates from CAD to USD), which is probably to cover the shipping that it cost them to bring it into Canada, and also a couple of dollars so they earn some money off of the sale.