pic: Paul And The Pig

Paul Copioli, winner of the 2009 IRI “Kiss The Pig” contest, collects his reward. The loser of the contest is also in the photo, right in front of Andy. So is Aidan Browne, who had to hold the pig. (ba-dum-bump! :slight_smile: )

You just have to love Baker’s expression. He is encouraging the pig to have the proper pucker.

-dave

p.s. caption contest, anyone?

… and in the background, Amanda Morrison looks like she is about to fall out of her chair, she is laughing so hard.

The pig doesn’t look as if she’s having too much fun : Paul, on the other hand…:wink: :smiley:

The pig looks like he’s enjoying it hahaha.

Did anyone happen to question whether the pig WANTED to be kissed? I mean…if that were a human, there would be SO many harassment charges filed.

Yeah, but look at the hold Paul has on Aidan’s arm.

Pucker Power!

Dr. Brown looks awesome in pink, following the ‘dress for success’ tip - always wear pink when holding a pig - the rest will take care of itself.

Oscar was so cute.

NICE!!

Thanks Dave for the photo…

I think Paul took my advice about “trying to put lipstick on a pig” a little too seriously.:yikes:

The pig’s name was Oscar?!!?!?!?

That comes as no shock actually, since it was so grouchy that day it was squealing the whole time! LOL

I thought it was a female pig? Who names a female pig Oscar?

Sad isn’t it? Chris Fultz mentioned it.

The opera ain’t over 'til the fat lady sings, and IRI ain’t over 'til the pig gets kissed. :wink:

2008 was Paul’s year to do the honors. Whose turn will it be in 2009?

It hasn’t been stated whether Paul gets immunity next year (not from pig germs, from a repeat performance).

Now, now… hang on a sec. While this was a good thing, there is no definite kissing of pigs next year. This might have been a one-time thing. The IRI planning committee is commissioning a special focus group to investigate alternative and unique fund raisers. In the mean time, you can google “cow pie bingo” for one of the ideas.

Some clarifications about this pig and the process:

1. It’s a 5-week old gilt. Fultz, for some reason, named it “Oscar”. However, the 2 fine ladies at Geist Animal Hospital (where it stayed for 2 days) named it “Suzy Q”.

2. The pig came from my step-father’s farm in Monticello. He did not want it back, and saw it as a donation. Like many farmers, if livestock leaves their property, they don’t want it to return, in fear of disease that could infect their inventory.

3. Pigs squeal. They are pigs. That is what they do. No pig enjoys getting picked up. Both times it was picked up out of the cage, it gave a piercing squeal, and people thought that it was being tortured. It wasn’t… it was just being a pig.

4. It was staying in a dog cage for 2-3 hours during the finals on Saturday, in a secluded area next to the main gym. The parents on team 234 kept saying “we are giving her water, but she keeps knocking over the bowl”. They learned that that is also what pigs do.

5. The pig is safe at a new home in Peru, Indiana. A friend of mine took Suzy Q home with them Saturday afternoon. They will decide if she will remain a feeder pig or if she will become a family pet. (they have 8 acres of land)

6. People were saying that we should let the pig run around the playing field. I said “no way… that would be funny for about 1 minute, and then frustrating for the next 20 minutes”. This is the reason why I never let go of her while Aidan and Paul got involved.

… and I do think the pig liked kissing Paul.

Andy

Anyone remember this song?

Oh, Susie Q, oh, Susie Q,
Oh, Susie Q, baby I love you, Susie Q.

I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk,
I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk, Susie Q.

Well, say that you’ll be true, well, say that you’ll be true,
Well, say that you’ll be true, and never leave me blue, Susie Q.

Well, say that you’ll be mine, well, say that you’ll be mine,
Well, say that you’ll be mine, baby all the time, Susie Q.

Oh Susie Q, oh Susie Q,
Oh Susie Q, baby I love you, Susie Q.

I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk,
I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk, Susie Q.

Oh Susie Q, oh Susie Q,
Oh Susie Q, baby I love you, Susie Q.

Creedence Clearwater Revival comes to mind.

Edit: Can Paul sing?

Even worse, you could have a “Kiss the Paul” contest. I heard he squeals when you pick him up too.

Speaking from personal experience from the Survivor video? lol

i am a man of the 08’s, and do not believe names have a gender bias.

signed,

Christopher Anne Fultz

ps - what the heck is a “gilt” anyway?

My goodness… all of these city folk are just plum ignorant.

Pig 101
Gilt: young female pig, has not had a litter yet
Barrow: young male pig, usually castrated shortly after birth
Sow: older female momma pig
Boar: male daddy pig (not castrated)

Boars and sows make gilts and barrows. Gilts and barrows are the feeder pigs who are sent to market after about 6 months, when they weigh 220-250 lbs. Yes… Suzy Q (aka Oscar) will weigh about 240 in 6 months, if fed properly.

Here is a slew of information if you wish to learn more.

Andy