pic: PWNAGE BATTERY CART IN VERTICAL ORIENTATION

JUST ABOUT THE ONLY THING NICK DESIGNED THAT WAS USED BY THE TEAM… WE HAVE BEEN USING SINCE 2014 AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE WITH THE COMMUNITY. WE HAVE CAD FILES, PART DRAWINGS AND THE BOM FOR IT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN DUPLICATING IT.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE CAD FILES FROM GRABCAD

10/10 do not recommend building this.

11th grade me didn’t understand just how heavy this thing would be. We also had a lot of spare 80-20 lying around. It looks nice tho

Sure it’s heavy, but its built like a tank and has worked out wonderfully. Don’t sell your design short. If it had a sticker for everywhere its been, like an old suitcase or trunk, it would be covered. And it doesn’t care about all the walls it has taken a chunk out of…

Do you charge the batteries in it “standing up” (i.e. so that the batteries are lying down when charging)? Everything I’ve heard says that, even though these batteries are fine discharging in any orientation, you really should charge them standing up (so the face with the terminals faces up). If they should off-gas while charging, the hydrogen has a hard time escaping when they’re lying down, which can be dangerous.

laugh surprise GIF

oh wow… this post? it’s good

1 Like

Was it powder coated?

What brand and oven settings should be used?

Hey, 80/20 is a great building material for bots. Almost as good as steel!

Not pictured are four of the first swerve modules Nick ever made holding up the whole cart from the bottom. They use 8" skyway wheels with both steering and wheel rotation powered by a single throttle motor.

775 Pros* FTFY

Disappoint. Nidec Forever.

Hey, don’t knock steel until you’ve tried it. 2386 has made their chassis’s from steel since 2015.

Steel is an inferior material, it bends.

4513 used 80/20 for the 4 years I was on the team, and im (fairly) sure they used steel this year on the elevator. Wasnt knocking it, they got 2 banners this year so something worked for them.

Also not pictured is how all the batteries are connected in series to that one throttle motor.

Nice design and a perfect use for spare 80/20, well done PWANGE

You guys are completely off, but nice guessing.
Its a single ball drive under the center of the cart.