Looks great! That looks like a really simple, efficient mechanism for tossing power cubes in the switch.
Seeing as you prioritize the switch, what is your strategy for autonomous? If you are set up on the wrong side of the switch, do you plan to drive to the correct side in front of the switch, to the correct side around the outside of the switch, or just cross the auto line?
Another question: Do you plan to focus on your switch or the opponent’s switch in teleop?
For autonomous we haven’t figured out what we are going to prioritize yet, we will definitely cross the line minimum, and with the mecanums stafeing to the other side is pretty easy it will just require some coordination with our alliance partners.
We ended up with this design because we wanted to floor load cubes, do the vault points, and also be able to do both switches, and seeing how important the opponents switch can be we want to do portal cycles, we also are going to have a climber that is not on the chassis yet.
We haven’t tried with bumpers yet but I’m not worried about the cube still going into the switch, if you are moving the robot with any speed it gives it pretty good forward velocity.
The surgical tubing is to help counterweight the arm, it does okay, it is not set up in an ideal way to get the most out of the tension but it helps when the arm is at and near vertical to keep it from slamming back down and trying to skip the chain on the sprockets.
The rocking back and forth of the arm was caused by us not tightening the mounting bolts tight enough ( we tend to use a drill with a socket adapter and turn the clutch setting down) it turns out when it was mounted originally the clutch setting must have been very low because I came back and tried it with an actual wrench and was able.to get another 3 turns on the nut before it started to crush the tubing (a mistake on our part)
We tightened the mounting nuts properly and added a gusset and vertical bolts to hold everything down nice and tight.
Check my YouTube channel for a second video after we fixed those problems.