pic: So, what do you do with old game parts?

So, I was at the computer the other day playing with a tetra clover and I began to think of what I could do with it. 5 minutes later it was made and put on my Christmas tree. So it is basically a clover with 4 zip ties (keeping with the FIRST theme) that are twisted together to the tree. Anyone else do anything odd with their old game pieces this holiday season?

Ted showed me this tonight and I started cracking up at our meeting.

I suggested he put the words (maybe on seperate stickers) Peace on Earth, or Deck The Halls, or Joy To The World on the 3 parts of the Clover.

Great last minute holiday gift idea for the person you know has it all.

I betcha they don’t have a Christmas Clover. lol Or should I say Holiday Clover?

For the winter holiday season, 4 leaf clovers are out, and 3 leaf clovers are in!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, I wonder what FIRST is doing with all those leftover tetra clovers. (There were two decent-sized boxfuls at the Capital Clash.)

I guess ones that haven’t had the stuffing beat out of them (read: ones that never saw demo or game duty) would make good frisbees as well.

i say, we make a big FIRST christmas tree with leftover parts or team pins. :smiley:

hey i’d make one for our school why not. =]

Cover a center goal with enough vision tetra panels and voila’
You got yourself an instant Christmas tree. We just need someone to cap the top with a star. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any takers?

edit: Actually, an even cooler tree would be to start making clovers, but as you make another scale them up 5 or 10% and stack them on top of each other ala’ pyramid style.

Yeah… that would be real cool…

Actually. I want to see how this would look in CAD. Anyone have a CAD model of a clover??? lol I can always make one, it’s no biggie.

Be back in a week with a pic of the Clover Tree. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That will be on the front of my holiday cards this year.

We’ve got a few* left in stock.
http://www.ifirobotics.com/first-2005-field-parts.shtml

Get your x-mas shopping done at IFI-Robotics!

*a few pallets…

Trudging up the snowy hill of the tree farm, picking out and cutting down the tree, and hauling it back to the house - 1.5 hours.

Time spent collecting the menagerie of glass and metal ornaments - 10 years.

Delicately balancing the stump on the tree stand, trimming the tree, and fighting with the lights - 3 hours.

Time spent making the tetra-ornament - 5 minutes. :wink:

Good job, Teddles! Where’s the tetra pet furniture you said you would make?

Meh… Real trees are soooooo overrated. I have a fake tree, so that eliminates some steps, but adds others… lol

Horray for being allergic to trees.

I too have plans for my Tetra cat house as well. I just need to make/buy/beg/borrow/steal some material for some sides. :slight_smile:

lol… just you wait… *Coming to a ChiefDelphi Gallery Thread Near YOU!

I’d be happy to. :cool: I just have to get Libby all fixed up again.

Christmas, Holiday, whatever. A holy-day no matter how you put it. :wink:

[quote=Elgin Clock]Cover a center goal with enough vision tetra panels and voila’
You got yourself an instant Christmas tree. We just need someone to cap the top with a star. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any takers?

edit: Actually, an even cooler tree would be to start making clovers, but as you make another scale them up 5 or 10% and stack them on top of each other ala’ pyramid style.