pic: Souvenir Robotics Patch - 2010 BSA National Jamboree

This souvenir patch was distributed on the Merit Badge Midway of the 2010 Boy Scouts of America Nataion Jamboree. I got mine from the Vex/REC folks who were there at the Jamboree introducing thousands of Scouts to the fun of mid-sized Robots and the associated competitions.

Happy 100th Birthday BSA!

FYI: This isn’t the Robotics Merit Badge - I don’t know what that badge will look like.

Very Cool!!!

Rick Tyler says it will look like the merit-badge-shaped circle in the center of the patch.

Very cool that BSA chose an image of one of Dave’s cars on Mars for the robotics merit badge!

Patch trading is very popular at Boy Scout Jamborees. I wouldn’t mind trading a few of my patches for that one.

Do a little Googling? Contact local Scouts who went to the Jamboree? Contact REC/Vex on the VexForum site?

Can’t wait to tell our scouts! They will love this!!

GBLAKE: “FYI: This isn’t the Robotics Merit Badge - I don’t know what that badge will look like.”

The merit badge will look like the one shown - except in color. This one was dimmed on purpose so folks wouldn’t cut it out and use it …

You can see a lot of pictures of the event here

I have a few extra patches if anyone wants 'em. e-mail me an address to send to. (rfolea@roboticseducation.org)

I got one of those while I was there :smiley:

oops! email address is rick_folea@roboticseducation.org