pic: Team 121 - Rhode Warrior XII

Team 121’s Rhode Warrior XII for 2009.

All she needs are some number decals…

Check out photos from this build season at:

http://www.joemenassa.com/robotics2009.html

what kind of fabric is that on your intake roller?

have you had trouble with it ripping?

btw, it looks fantastic!

Great looking robot. I am assuming that the side mechanism is to hold one empty cell that you would get at the outpost, then take it to the fueling port, so you don’t have to unload all of your captured moon rocks to exchange it for the super cells. Great idea.

It’s denim. What’s great is that it has a zipper along with the width of the belt…easy to take on and off!

Also, no problems with it tearing at all. It is heavily reinforced on the backside.

Looking good guys!

Just out of curiosity, do you have any mentors that work for NUWC (Navsea), or is it just sponsorship?

There are 7 of us that currently work for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC). NAVSEA is the parent organization. We also have 3 former NUWC employees who still lend their time. We get some monetary sponsorship, but it is mostly in the form of using a warehouse as our build facility.

So does this mean there won’t be a sewing machine in your pit like there was in 2002? :wink:

Looks GREAT!!! Look forward to seeing you at BAE. Certainly wouldn’t mind a repeat of 08…

Team 134

How many balls does it hold?

Ooh, that empty cell carrier is sweet. Too bad you can’t extend outside the robot perimeter, could’ve done ‘slam dunks’ into the airlock.

Comfortably, it can hold about 20-25 balls. We can get 15-18 in the hopper, and a couple more in the belt. We can keep loading more into the belt, but it starts jamming up if we get too many balls in there at once.

Another great offering from 121. You guys have been inspiring me for years now. I love the simple elegance of this design, and I KNOW it will be fearsome on the field. Combine that with (I can’t believe I’m about to say this publicly) one of the best coaches in FIRST and you’ve got yourself a winner.

Hopefully we’re in the same division this year again, I don’t think you’re going to fit our robot inside yours this time though.

-John